[ipxe-devel] DHCP problems on Intel 82567LM

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Fri Apr 25 15:36:01 UTC 2014

On 25/04/14 08:31, Christian Hesse wrote:
> This is how to reproduce:
>
> * Boot ipxe.lkrn from Grub (so no UNDI involved)
> * iPXE gets IP address via DHCP and fetches its config
> * Select to boot Linux (kernel version 3.14.1)
> * Try to get IP address via DHCP from inside Linux system
>
> DHCP just times out (though mii-tool reports link is ok) and I have to power
> off the system to make the network controller work again. No issues booting
> the same system from Grub directly or via iPXE from BIOS/UNDI.

Does unplugging and replugging the cable have any affect?

Do all the various indicators of link speed (switch LEDs, ethtool,
mii-tool etc) agree on the negotiated link speed?

Is the datapath broken in both directions?  Are you able to transmit ARP
requests or broadcast pings, or observe received data via tcpdump?