[ipxe-devel] serial arrow keys broken

Peter Pickford peter at netremedies.ca
Tue Apr 22 23:13:32 UTC 2014

Just done a git pull and rebuild

no patches only
#define       CONSOLE_SERIAL
in config/local/console.h

This is what I get on kvm with serial console

http://pastie.org/9101958

virt-manager was use on the client side
[peter at intel-ion ~]$ pacman -Q virt-manager libvirt
virt-manager 1.0.1-1
libvirt 1.2.3-4
on server
[root at station30 ~]# rpm -qa qemu-kvm qemu-img gpxe-roms-qemu libvirt
qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.415.el6_5.8.x86_64
gpxe-roms-qemu-0.9.7-6.10.el6.noarch
qemu-img-0.12.1.2-2.415.el6_5.8.x86_64
libvirt-0.10.2-29.el6_5.7.x86_64

vm has no video drivers and uses controller virtio  serial and serial 1 as
primary console

ipxe is loaded via gpxe from tftp ipxe.pxe

as you can see double chars

holding down a yes has about a second pause between groups of chars being
output (2-4 at a time)

arrow keys are somewhat working but unreliable

typing aaaaaaaaaa then backarrowing by holding down the arrow key gets
iiPPXXEE>>
 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDaa

Thanks

Peter