[ipxe-devel] Issues chainbooting iPXE to WDS 2012R2

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Wed Apr 16 13:55:41 UTC 2014

On 14.04.2014 20:22, Nicholas Krouse wrote:
> I use iPXE for my main boot menu in my classroom for my students. When I
> attempt to chainboot to my WDS Server 2012 r2 I get error 0x3d126001 and
> the boot fails. I have searched google and ipxe forums high and low
> looking for a solution. I use wds over wimboot as it make management of
> my wim files quick and easy for me and my students. If there is any way
> you could help me it would be greatly appreciated! Attached is my
> current menu.ipxe. Thanks for your time in advance.

Looking at http://ipxe.org/err/3d1260, it seems like that is an error
code for an illegal TFTP operation. My guess is that the backslashes in
your TFTP URL are causing the problem. Try to replace them with either
normal slash (/), or use the escape code for backslash (%5C). Your URL
should end up looking something like this:

tftp://${next-server}/%5CBoot%5CPXE%5Cpxeboot.n12

By the way; if you're using pxeboot.n12 or wdsnbp.com, then you're not
using wimboot. They are sort of mutually exclusive. I can see that your
menu has entries for both.

-- Robin