[ipxe-devel] IPXE and parallels on MAC

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Wed Apr 16 13:36:12 UTC 2014

On 07.04.2014 19:31, Patel, Kalpesh wrote:
> I've tried various means and methods to create IPXE boot
> disk but all of them behave same in Parallels, namely it hangs soon
> after it initiates first download.  I tried the one that is available
> at http://boot.ipxe.org/ipxe.iso, I've download source and built from it
> as well and others but no luck. This leads me to suspect network driver
> code to be the culprit.

Then you should try to step through the tests in
http://ipxe.org/dev/driver inside Parallels and figure out where it
actually fails, so that it's possible to focus on the thing breaking.
Also, you haven't told us what virtual (networking) hardware is used
under Parallels. If you can try another VNIC then maybe you'll have
better luck.

-- Robin