[ipxe-devel] Sanboot And ISO Images?

Hummel Frank F.Hummel at ads-tec.de
Tue Apr 8 07:20:35 UTC 2014

If your primary target is just running memtest you might want to try this script which uses ipxe for a fast download and then chains to syslinux-memdisk.
Until now this procedure worked for all sorts of ISO images I used.
No need to use a special version of memtest.

set sanboot-url http://123.456.789.012/memtest
dhcp net0 && echo IP address: ${net0/ip} && echo Subnet mask: ${net0/netmask} && goto DHCP_OK_i ||
dhcp net1 && echo IP address: ${net1/ip} && echo Subnet mask: ${net1/netmask} && goto DHCP_OK_i ||
dhcp net2 && echo IP address: ${net2/ip} && echo Subnet mask: ${net2/netmask} && goto DHCP_OK_i || goto DHCP_failed
:DHCP_OK_i
initrd ${sanboot-url}/memtest86_5_01.iso
chain syslinux/memdisk iso raw

Frank