[ipxe-devel] better symbol for "->" in Menu?

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Tue Sep 17 15:42:32 UTC 2013

Hi Oliver,

On 17.09.2013 17:25, Oliver Rath wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> it is possible to use a kind of "native" arrow-symbol for "->"? Which
> font is used here? Does it have semigraphic symbols inside?

I'm not telling you what serial terminal I use with iPXE... just using
this as an illustration that such a seemingly simple question has a very
complicated answer.

If you only care about the PC-defined text mode the answer is relatively
simple, because the PC charset is rather well known.

However iPXE has so many options (does EFI provide the PC charset even
if a system starts in graphical mode?) that the impact is not so easy to
predict. Sticking to ASCII is guaranteed to work.

Klaus