[ipxe-devel] iPXE hardware compatibility

Ján ONDREJ (SAL) ondrejj at salstar.sk
Wed Oct 30 18:19:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 06:07:15PM +0000, Michael Brown wrote:
> On 30/10/13 17:47, David Lutterkort wrote:
> >I am looking for a list of which hardware is compatible with iPXE,
> >either a list that came out of some sort of formal testing, or just a
> >list of reports from people along the lines of "I successfully booted
> >with iPXE on my HP DL580 G7" Does something like that exist ?
> >
> >As background, the project, I am working on, Razor[1], critically
> >depends on iPXE, and I would like to tell people what they can expect
> >when they try to use it with their hardware.
>
> We started putting together a tested NIC list at
>
>   http://ipxe.org/dev/nictest
>
> However, there are only four entries on the list at present, out of
> the hundreds of supported NICs.
>
> There is a formal list of iPXE NIC driver tests at
>
>   http://ipxe.org/dev/driver
>
> If anyone would like to test some more NICs and add their results to
> the list, that would be awesome.

May be I can collect more busid automatically from my boot.salstar.sk menu.
I can add this to my code:

  chain https://boot.salstar.sk/register_network_device?busid=${netX/busid}

This can save busids in server log, or I can store them using an script.
May be we can collect busids on ipxe.org web too.

					SAL