[ipxe-devel] iPXE on SLES10SP2

Timothy Drover tfdrover at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 23:37:42 UTC 2013

Thanks Matt,

I always make sure that binaries I run are compiled for the system they will be running on. But then I realized that these will not actually be running on the existing PXE server. Rather it will just serve them through PXE and then iPXE to remote systems. So I compiled it on my OpenSUSE 12.3 system and it worked just fine, thanks. In our case SCCM is used for apps and system upgrades but no method was allowed for PXE within SCCM and they would not entertain enabling it. So with iPXE and the other instructions I found for adding the SMS files and tasks within the boot.wim I was able to get it to work. We may be forced to run win products but it makes my smile especially wide when I have to use linux to do it effectively.

Thanks again,

Tim

Sent from my iPad