[ipxe-devel] Telling IPXE to use a particular DHCP offer

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Wed Oct 23 15:41:22 UTC 2013

On 17/10/13 16:36, Andrew Bobulsky wrote:
> Hrmmph... I recall being under the impression (albeit this was some
> years ago) that it was possible to use the DHCP_EB_PRIORITY
> encapsulated option[1] to pull this off.

You may get away with using DHCP_EB_PRIORITY to cause iPXE to prefer one
DHCP server over another.  However, there are multiple circumstances
under which this won't work.  For example, if the first server to
respond with a DHCPOFFER provides all the required information
(including PXE options), then iPXE won't hang around waiting for
alternative DHCPOFFERs to come in.