[ipxe-devel] Telling IPXE to use a particular DHCP offer

Devavrat Mittal dev.mittal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 12:36:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have google searched on this topic but did not find a satisfying answer
and so thought of mailing the developers.

Here is the question:

If there are multiple PXE/ DHCP servers in a subnet and IPXE might get more
than one DHCP offer, how can I tell IPXE to use/ accept a particular DHCP
offer?

Essentially, suppose that I know the IP address of my preferred DHCP server
beforehand.
Then, can I make IPXE accept the DHCP offer from that DHCP server (based on
some identity of the DHCP server, such as an IP address) and ignore all
other offers?

Any help will be very useful.

Thanks,
-Devavrat Mittal