[ipxe-devel] Remove gpxe or replace with ipxe?

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 14:00:55 UTC 2013

On 09/10/13 10:45, Robin Smidsrød wrote:
> On 09.10.2013 02:56, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> The gPXE in the Syslinux tree is ridiculously old.  We could either
>> replace it with iPXE or just drop it, giving people a recipe for how to
>> integrate with iPXE themselves.
>>
>> What do people think?
>
> I'm actually more of a fan of adding docs which explain how to integrate
> themselves, to avoid the ipxe checkout inside syslinux getting too stale.
>
> Alternatively use git subtree/modules support to pull in latest ipxe
> more easily using a makefile target to upgrade ipxe to latest version.

A git submodule sounds like a good idea to me.  Let me know if there are
changes required to the iPXE tree to make this kind of integration smoother.

As someone already mentioned, you now need undionly.kkkpxe when building
ipxelinux.0, for reasons documented at

   http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/9a93db3