[ipxe-devel] Link detection on Atheros AR8132

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Mon Nov 11 15:30:42 UTC 2013

On 11/11/13 14:53, Sven Dreyer wrote:
> Okay, my fault. Thanks for clarifying this. I thought that ipxe.kpxe
> would use native iPXE drivers and fall back to UNDI if no native driver
> is implemented.

This will eventually work.  It requires some additional work to allow
the underlying PXE stack to be conditionally unloaded depending upon
whether or not iPXE has a native driver for the NIC.  (The complexity
comes from the fact that the decision on whether or not to unload the
NIC has to be taken before iPXE has been decompressed and fully loaded.)