[ipxe-devel] iPXE hardware compatibility

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sun Nov 3 21:21:38 UTC 2013

On 30.10.2013 19:19, Ján ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:
> May be I can collect more busid automatically from my boot.salstar.sk menu.
> I can add this to my code:
>
>   chain https://boot.salstar.sk/register_network_device?busid=${netX/busid}
>
> This can save busids in server log, or I can store them using an script.
> May be we can collect busids on ipxe.org web too.

That is a good idea for figuring out what kind of hardware at least work
in a basic way, but not for validating proper functional drivers.
Especially the loopback and high-MTU tests are kinda hard to test in
that way.

But it would still be create to have.

Also, util/niclist.pl --format html gives you a nice HTML page with all
the hardware that is supposed to work. At least that is a start if you
want to try to get some organized testing going.

-- Robin