[ipxe-devel] Ipxe + wimboot + winpe issue

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Wed May 29 12:24:47 UTC 2013

On 28/05/13 11:36, kazy modo wrote:
> I have different hardware profil wich work greatly with Ipxe to load my
> custom winpe.
>
> However i have some trouble with some motherboard like Intel DG61AG and
> Intel DH67BL/VR.
> Lan chipset is Intel 82579V for both.
>
> I use the same Ipxe script, source and the last Wimboot version, but
> with those motherboards, my computer reboot after Boot.wim load. The
> Winpe loading screen appear shortly, and reboot few second later.

Which screen do you mean by the "WinPE loading screen"?

> My custom winpe image work corretly on thoses motherboard with old PXE
> boot or with USB boot.
>
> Have you some similare report ? Or help to fix this problem ?

As a quick test, try doubling the amount of RAM in the system.  This
should eliminate one possible source of problems; some versions of
Windows do not seem to check that there is sufficient RAM to avoid
overwriting wimboot's ramdisk image during early boot.

You could also try attaching windbg as a kernel debugger; that should
give you some more information about the source of the crash.