[ipxe-devel] menu & serial console

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 15:16:25 UTC 2013

On 06/03/13 14:09, "Ján ONDREJ (SAL)" wrote:
> Please, consider this as feature request.
> My request is to disable serial console at script run time.

OK.  No promises.

> Btw, pressing an wrong key (for example ctrl+2) on VGA console with menus
> starting with --gap will move my cursor to "gap" line, which should be
> normally not accessible. This is only a small problem.

Fixed, thanks:

   http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/b8cbdbb

There is another corner case arising from this: specifying a shortcut
key on a gap using e.g.

   item --gap --key x Press x to select this otherwise inaccessible menu
item

I've applied a suitable fix, which I think actually enhances the menuing
functionality:

   http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/c080251