[ipxe-devel] menu & serial console

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 13:37:36 UTC 2013

On 06/03/13 08:49, Leo Baltus wrote:
> There is however something strange with the last line it seems. See
> attached screendump. I have quit the menu to iPXE shell which puts the
> prompt at the last line, then I type something, now the last output line
> gets garbled.

Almost certainly an artefact of the BIOS serial console redirection,
which has to perform all sorts of contortions to map between two
fundamentally very different console types.

> After adding an extra echo I see 'Subnet mask' as well. It's not a serious
> flaw, I can live with it, but I thought I should mention it.

Sounds like a sensible workaround.  If the problem can be reproduced
using iPXE's serial console (rather than BIOS serial console
redirection), then let me know.