[ipxe-devel] Patch tracking

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 17:56:03 UTC 2013

On 05/03/13 16:02, Robin Smidsrød wrote:
> That would also make it possible for anyone that follows the
> mailing-list to help out by creating a pull request when someone sends a
> patch directly to the mailing-list so it's easier to get into its own
> branch (which also helps to distribute the load of finding unapplied
> patches floating around).
>
> What do you think?

Happy to try anything that makes it easier to keep track of patches, as
long as it allows me to do everything I normally do when merging:

- reformat code (usually whitespace issues, sometimes more substantial
changes)

- reword commit messages for consistency

- linearise history (i.e. git rebase)

Given that it's very rare for me to merge something completely
unmodified, one very important feature would be the ability to trivially
delete branches/pull requests/etc once they had been merged, preferably
without using a web interface.  (It's possible to use "git push" to
delete a remote branch; maybe that would be sufficient?)

Would you like to try setting something up, and importing the various
outstanding patches from the mailing list?