[ipxe-devel] Intel I350 in Dell C6220

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 17:23:53 UTC 2013

On 05/03/13 17:04, Matthew Drobnak wrote:
> Please see attached picture of the chip.

Thanks.  Part number is NHI350BT2, which should (I think) be covered by
the standard i350 datasheet.  If so, then the MAC address that we read
at least for port 0 ought to be correct.

Could you try dumping the EEPROM contents using

   ethtool --eeprom-dump ethX

I don't know whether or not the Linux i350 driver supports dumping the
EEPROM.  If it doesn't, then try the attached (completely untested)
patch with DEBUG=intel; this should dump out the EEPROM content and
pause until a key is pressed (giving you a chance to take a photo of the
screen, if you don't have a serial console available to capture the output).

The output of "lspci -v" would still be useful, too.

Thanks,