[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] gpxe on USB or HD

Yadin Flammer yxf4 at psu.edu
Wed Jun 19 00:23:10 UTC 2013

No changes to code, I'm no programer.

I have done:
sudo dd if='/path/to/file/ipxe.usb' of=/dev/sdc
When that failed I cd to the directory of the file and do:
sudo dd if=ipxe.usb of=/dev/sdc

Previously as mentioned I had been doing of=/dev/sdc1 but was told that
was wrong.

In all cases, there are no errors, it displays bytes in and out and
transfer rate acting like it did something, but in no case does it
actually do anything as the usb flash drive is unaltered every time.

I obtained the device path with:
sudo fdisk -l

As mentioned I have also tried to dd the gpxe.usb file downloaded from
the old site with the same results.

Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS fully updated as of today.

   Yadin Flammer - Systems Administrator
   College of Arts & Architecture, Penn State University
   228 Borland Building              Office Phone: 814-865-0990
   University Park, PA 16802         Dept. Phone:  814-865-1571
   Email: yxf4 at psu.edu               Dept. Fax:    814-863-6227