[ipxe-devel] REQUEST

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Mon Jul 29 16:58:55 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

| Hello,

| I am newbie to iPXE. I need to implement an network driver which can
| be run in uefi environments.
| Please provide some pointers to get started. Specifically to get a
| .efi binary which can be run from
| uefi shell.

| Thanks,
| Sajeesh.

make clean && make bin-x86_64-efi clean && sync ; sync ; sync && make bin-x86_64-efi/snponly.efi

this gives me something to put on my TFTP servers for EFI machines to use. Keep in mind EFI support is still rather weak in iPXE at the moment. I'm still trying to get UEFI chainloading to work to boot RHEL clones, Fedora and Ubuntu machines.

--

James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices

“A successful person is one who can lay a solid foundation from the bricks others have thrown at them.” -David Brinkley via Luke Shaw