[ipxe-devel] Intel NUC, IPXE & Rom burning questions

Marc Lane eraser at l8ter.com
Thu Jul 25 13:40:27 UTC 2013

Afternoon all,

I have been playing with ipxe rom (80861503) on an Intel NUC via usb. Now
it has come time to try and burn the rom, however bootutil wont burn on
board LOMs/Roms and there is no external ROM on board to burn.

I then spent a day looking at injecting the rom into the Intel .bio bios,
however I couldn't get the bios check-sums rite to reconstruct the bio and
flash it (ffs file issues).

I am sure i have read that people have used the NUC for iscsi booting etc.
Any pointers or info on magic versions of bootutil I should be using would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Marc