[ipxe-devel] some problem when initial devices in ipxe.efi

Jarrod Johnson jarrod.b.johnson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 23:33:52 UTC 2013

Meant to post to list.  In short, snponly.efi can be chainloaded from a PXE
boot in UEFI as an application (
https://git.ipxe.org/vendor/xcat/ipxe.git/shortlog)  It has a patch not yet
accepted into ipxe main.

However, you mentioned going from .iso.  That needs an extra step.  Either
an intermediate loader to switch around the loaded image handle prior to
execution, or a patch to ipxe shoring up it's support for non-IPXE SNP
drivers to go beyond loaded image.  I had been hoping to get to the latter,
but a combination of not having enough time or intelligence has gotten in
the way.