[ipxe-devel] Problem with accessing iPXE via UNDI

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Wed Jul 10 17:59:29 UTC 2013

On 10.07.2013 16:30, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The most recent version of Syslinux supports a builtin TCP/IP stack
> which is used to handle HTTP-based protocols.  This works well on
> traditional PXE stacks, but it fails horribly on iPXE.  The reason seems
> to be that iPXE, with its own builtin TCP stack, sends an RST in
> response to any incoming TCP packet with a port number it doesn't
> recognize, even though it has an NBP as an UNDI stack listener open.
>
> I am wondering how best to resolve this.  There are a number of people
> affected by this problem.

We're having an iPXE hackathon during the weekend now (12-15th July), so
if you join us in IRC I'm sure we'll be able to work out how to resolve
the issue in a useful way. If you're able to cough up a reasonable patch
before the weekend chances are we might be able to get it merged as well.

-- Robin