[ipxe-devel] secure boot of ipxe.usb possible?

Andrew Bobulsky rulerof at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 05:28:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Oliver Rath <rath at mglug.de> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> as far i know, it is possible to boot some linux in secure boot with a
> signed bootloader.
>
> Is this possible with ipxe from usb, too?
>
> Regards
> Oliver

Hello Oliver,

Isn't ipxe.usb just a disk image that loads ipxe.lkrn from syslinux?
That would make sense to me, as I believe that ipxe.iso does the same
with isolinux.

So I'd venture the guess... any UEFI bootloader that will load an lkrn
image and is cross-signed by Microsoft should do the trick.  I recall
reading that syslinux was to be one such bootloader... but light
googling didn't yield much info for me :P

-Andrew