[ipxe-devel] iPXE command line script help

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sun Dec 8 13:46:31 UTC 2013

On 07.12.2013 21:32, sam a wrote:
> I need an  iPXE script that can be inserted in the NBP ( network
> bootstrap program ) for  windows XP ,7 or 8 that is capable to download
> a batch file ( exe ) in a specific directory in the HD  as well as be
> able  to run it automatically once  windows OS has been taking control.
> it would self-install an application on windows every time the system is
> booted from network
>
> does anyone has done it or could help to develop it ?

That is not specifically an iPXE issue. Once Windows is running iPXE is
out of the loop. If you sanboot from iSCSI via iPXE you need to make an
autostart script in Windows (whatever method works in that version of
Windows) that checks whether the system drive is hosted on iSCSI, and if
so runs whatever program you need. I'd suggest you learn some PowerShell
or VBScript to be able pull it all off.

To get that script installed during Windows installation you'll have to
look into the orchestration tools from Microsoft and their documentation.

The http://ipxe.org/howto/winpe and http://ipxe.org/howto/sccm pages
might get you partially there. Maybe someone else on the list can
provide more input on documentation sources or examples.

-- Robin