[ipxe-devel] sanboot and cdrom reference for kickstart

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 20:12:23 UTC 2013

I have an ISO image that is a rebuilt centos 5 images
that has a custom kickstart file on the image.  I have
modified the isolinux.cfg to reference this kickstart file.

This works correctly for the booted ISO but not from
ipxe sanboot.

Here is my ipxe line
sanboot --keep --drive 0x80 http://10.109.0.46/repo/${iso}

The error message I get from the anaconda installer is
No CDROM devices found!

It looks like the sanboot gets the full image but not as a cdrom device
so is there some emulation that needs to be enabled?

BTW rescue mode using sanboot method works well.