[ipxe-devel] UEFI efi_image_exec path

Jarrod Johnson jarrod.b.johnson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 23:13:38 UTC 2013

Out of curiosity, did it work without issue if you didn't have multiple efi
executables in play?

I've not had a reason to try that use case myself, I just chain esxboot.efi
(modified for iPXE DL protocol) or elilo (also modified for IPXE DL
protocol support).  I also had shell working with the simple filesystem
support.  I tried to get microsoft efi boot manager to work, but it seems
eager to jump on the network aspect of a chained device.  When I tried to
start with a new device handle and put only simple file system support on
it, it wasn't happy either.  I have not had reason to bother with microsoft
bootloader in the 'tftp wim down' case, so I don't know how that would go
(without ipxe protocol support, skipping ipxe makes sense)