[ipxe-devel] console pcbios/serial runtime configuration

Leo Baltus Leo.Baltus at omroep.nl
Tue Aug 6 12:49:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just realized that ipxe is unable to configure a serial port using
ipxe-commands.

Up until now I assumed that I could just build the undi driver and be
done using BIOS console redirection to my serial ports. Now it seems
this does not work in all BIOS'es.

In pxelinux we used to express this like so:
serial 1 115200
console 0

If I understand right, I have to compile an undi driver for every
hardware which needs other settings than the default build options?

If so, may I suggest a few ipxe-commands to set console/serial
parameters at runtime?

--
Leo Baltus, internetbeheerder                         /\
NPO ICT Internet Services                            /NPO/\