[ipxe-devel] Broadcom 57766 (in 2012 iMac and 2012 Mac mini) not recognized

Troy Barkmeier machead at mac.com
Thu Apr 18 00:08:01 UTC 2013

I'm happily booting several models of Macs to our Dell KACE K2000 appliance with an iPXE CD; great fun, thanks for the excellent software!

Our most recent models of iMac and mini are using a newer variant of Broadcom NIC (BCM57766 with ID 14e4: 1686) that is not recognized by the iPXE on the stock downloadable .iso file (ifstat sees nothing).
Looks like Ubuntu and Linux fixes are in process:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1162665
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=d3f677afb8076d09d090ff0a5d1229c9dd9f136e

Is an iPXE fix in the works for this NIC?

Is this the appropriate place to post questions about the support for a particular NIC?

Thanks,
TVB