[ipxe-devel] Wrapped iPXE EFI SNP device paths (was: Re: EFI_SIMPLE_FILESYSTEM_PROTOCOL commit breaks snponly.efi)

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Fri Apr 12 08:20:21 UTC 2013

On 12.04.2013 00:52, Michael Brown wrote:
> It's also up for debate whether or not iPXE should create a new
> SNP device on top of the existing (non-iPXE-provided) SNP device and, if so,
> what the device path should be.

I'm not sure what these paths look like, but isn't it possible to create
a new scope named iPXE, and then native drivers will go right below
that, and for any SNP devices, you could have a pseudo-path element
named SNP or WRAPPER or something similar, and then just copy the
existing device path of the original SNP device inside there? I'm
thinking about this as a simple tree, do not know if that is appropriate
or not. I don't really have a lot of experience with EFI.

-- Robin