[ipxe-devel] sanboot http on (U)EFI

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Sat Apr 6 00:28:23 UTC 2013

Hi All,

In my continued effort to get (U)EFI fully supported on our network I am having difficulties with sanboot.  I have the following in my config

:windows-efi
set base-url ${ufds-base-url}/discovery7
cpuid --ext 29 && set arch x64 || set arch x86
sanboot ${base-url}/discovery7.iso || sleep 60
goto start

and when I boot it says

Could not open SAN device: Error 0x3f142003 (http://ipxe.org/err/3f142003)

I'm not sure if this is a problem on my side or another iPXE limitation on (U)EFI hardware.  If I place the fully qualified location for ${base-url}/discovery7.iso it allows me to download the image.  Any ideas?

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices

“A successful person is one who can lay a solid foundation from the bricks others have thrown at them.” -David Brinkley via Luke Shaw