[ipxe-devel] Patch: Add ${mac/hexnone} settings type

Jeppe Toustrup ipxe at tenzer.dk
Thu Sep 27 10:20:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Michael Brown <mbrown at fensystems.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm happy to add this feature, but it currently fails its own self-tests.
> Try:
>
>     make bin-x86_64-linux/tests.linux && ./bin-x86_64-linux/tests.linux

Ah, that's how you run the tests. I wasn't able to figure that out, thanks!

I have been messing a bit around with the failing test, and it is the
following test which is failing (settings_test.c, line 273 and 274):

storef_ok ( &test_settings, &test_hexnone_setting,
    "113322", RAW ( 0x11, 0x33, 0x22 ) );

If I change the expected "113322" string to "11-33-22" instead, the
test works fine. I don't get why that is, and would like some help on
it. The fetchf_ok() test just below works fine though.

Note: I am by no means a C programmer, I just simply made this patch
from my general source code knowledge and hoped that it would work.
The feature itself also seems to work, at least from what I can see,
but I don't understand why this test is failing.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Jeppe Toustrup