[ipxe-devel] Patch: Add ${mac/hexnone} settings type

Jeppe Toustrup ipxe at tenzer.dk
Tue Sep 25 14:16:24 UTC 2012

Hi

I am working on using iPXE for a PXE boot setup, where we would like
to generate iPXE configurations dynamically based on the MAC address
of the machine which is booting. Since our existing system uses MAC
addresses without delimiters, it would be easier for us if iPXE had
that in a parameter, but currently it only has the option of the MAC
address with either a colon (':') or hyphen ('-') as delimiter. I
could of course just strip one of those in our systems, but since
there already are two options, I thought it couldn't be that hard to
add a third one, which may be handy for other people as well. So I
have made a patch which adds ${mac/hexnone} which contains the MAC
address without any delimiters:
http://files.tenzer.dk/misc/hexnone.patch

I have basically searched the source code for 'hexhyp' and duplicated
the work done to implement that, only without a delimiter.
Is this something that could be added to the iPXE source tree?
Do you possibly want another name for the setting type than 'hexnone'?

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Jeppe Toustrup