[ipxe-devel] wimboot

Andrew Bobulsky rulerof at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:08:32 UTC 2012

Hello Michael,

On Sep 18, 2012, at 10:35 AM, Michael Brown <mbrown at fensystems.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Another new feature that may be of interest: the ability to boot arbitrary
> Windows PE images (.wim format) via a straightforward HTTP download.  (Faster
> than HTTP SAN-booting or TFTP and, unlike with memdisk, you don't lose the
> memory used for the ramdisk image.)
>
> Tested on every version of Windows from Vista through to Server 2012.  Typical
> download time for WinPE is around two seconds.
>
> Documentation is at
>
>  http://ipxe.org/howto/winpe
>
>  http://ipxe.org/wimboot
>
> with source code for the standalone WinPE bootstrap program (wimboot) from
>
>  http://git.ipxe.org/wimboot.git
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Michael

I....

Oh my God...

I just...  It's so beautiful.  I don't even know what to say.

If you can help it, please don't ever stop making iPXE the absolute
pinnacle of F/OSS awesomeness that it has been since I first
discovered it.

Thank you so much. Really and truly. This absolutely makes my day.

Please keep up the *very* excellent work!

Best Regards,
Andrew Bobulsky