[ipxe-devel] Stalls in network transfer

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Wed Sep 5 10:32:48 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

lately I do have problems with network transfer within iPXE. It starts
downloading kernel (and initrd on success), but often it stalls forever.
I built with serial output and tcp debugging, this is what I captured:
http://www.eworm.de/tmp/virtualbox-pxe-serial.log

This is within a Virtualbox virtual machine. When system is started up I do
not have any problems transferring (even bigger) files. Let me know if I can
give any more information.

BTW, system is at 100% CPU load on network transfer. Can we use cpu_nap() or
friends to be a bit more resource friendly?
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)