[ipxe-devel] problem by integrating the target iscsi driver

Oliver Rath rath at mglug.de
Wed Oct 24 18:38:35 UTC 2012

Hi Ruben!

Am Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:55:07 -0400 (CDT)
schrieb Ruben Cervantes Rodríguez <ruben.cervantes at cmg.jovenclub.cu>:

> Hello friends list a few days ago I wrote about my problem to boot
> from an iSCSI target using this guide,
> http://ipxe.org/appnote/xp_2003_direct_install
> I tried both ways:
>
> 1. IntegrateDrv.exe / driver = .. \ Driver \ E1000 \ x86 / driver
> = .. \ Drivers \ iScsiPrt \ x86 / driver = .. \ Driver \
> sanbootconf / local / preconf / target = C: \
>
> 2. IntegrateDrv.exe / driver = .. \ Driver \ E1000 \ x86 / driver
> = .. \ Drivers \ iScsiPrt \ x86 / driver = .. \ Driver \
> sanbootconf / driver = .. \ Driver \ nicbootconf / target = C: \
>
> I prefer the second choice
>
> I'm trying to incorporate the driver of a network card pci sis 900
> fast ethernet adapter driver xp but when I run this command:
>
> 2. IntegrateDrv.exe / driver = .. \ Driver \ Sis-900 \ x86 / driver
> = .. \ Drivers \ iScsiPrt \ x86 / driver = .. \ Drivers \
> sanbootconf / driver = .. \ Drivers \ nicbootconf / target = F: \

Sounds good. I recommend to use in (2.) also the /local flag, so that
only drivers of builtin cards are shown (if this makes sense for you).

> and this is where I have the problem, which not choose but apart from
> that any number you select from 82 230 always chooses the Windows NT
> 2k driver and not the one I need is Windows XP. The driver that comes
> with the motherboard disk contains drivers for winnt2k and winxp.

Integratedrv take only drivers from the given directory. Maybe you have
to correct the path where to look into? Maybe you can give a tree of
your driver directories?

Hth,
Oliver