[ipxe-devel] Realtek r8169 (10ec8168.rom) breaks download everytime at 47%

Joshua C. joshuacov at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 11 07:59:32 UTC 2012

 On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Michael Brown <mbrown at fensystems.co.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 23 Jan 2012 23:36:52 Joshua C. wrote:
>> Is there a way to make the bios fully initilize the system memory map
>> and start the rom image only if a full memory map is present? I know
>> that intel uses a ctrl+i to start their matrix storage rom, so there
>> should be a way to wait till a full memory map is present, shouldn't
>> it?
>
> Yes; just don't press Ctrl-B at the "Press Ctrl-B to configure iPXE..." prompt.
> Wait until the "Press Ctrl-B for the iPXE command line..." prompt and all will
> be well.
>
> Michael

I needed quite some time to figure out the difference between those
two :-D - the problem was that I didn't set the networking device in
the proper boot order. At the end it was never loaded and I never saw
the "Press Ctrl-B for the iPXE command line..." prompt (just the
"Press Ctrl-B to configure iPXE...").

Now it works fine and has already replaced the realtek orom in my bios. Thanks!

-- joshua