[ipxe-devel] DHCP failing on Intel 82579V Gigabit [8086:1503] after PXE boot

Richard Moore rich at richud.com
Thu Nov 8 11:26:48 UTC 2012

Intel 82579V Gigabit [8086:1503]
(Subsys 17ab - HP)

Failing to see? DHCP server response after PXE boot with undionly.

DHCPDiscover bit1 is always 0 which if I understand correctly it means
it doesn't think its is getting offered an IP.

ifstat shows only TX bytes and no RX bytes. Typing 'dhcp' on command
line shows TX increase and RX always 0.

So I can only assume it doesn't appear to be seeing the DHCP server

(This machine seems to work ok using ipxe .lkrn from a USB stick rather
than PXE boot.)

Have attached two packet traces from wireshark, one is of the failing
machine and other is previous laptop model just to show setup is
working.

Regards

Rich