[ipxe-devel] boot.php

Andrew Bobulsky rulerof at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:07:26 UTC 2012

Hello Franck,

All you need to do is return plaintext[1] from your PHP code, formatted as
an iPXE script file, just like the one you embedded:

#!ipxe
command1
command2

And so on.  If you don't do much with PHP, you can just put a text file on
your web server instead, of course, and edit it as needed to include new
content or updated paths.  Naturally, if you want to, for example,
enumerate a directory and generate a menu from it, PHP or some other server
side scripting language is the way to go.

To get an idea of how to structure menus, just take a look at the menu
documentation on the website. It'll get you going. If you need some samples
to work with, there are plenty available; I just don't have the links handy
here on my phone ;)

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky

[1] I usually get plaintext output by putting, I think, '
Header("Content-type: text/plain"); ' in my PHP file.