[ipxe-devel] Error: undefined symbol `_tmp_start' referenced in expression

Joshua C. joshuacov at googlemail.com
Tue May 1 15:03:11 UTC 2012

When try to compile bin/10ec8168.lkrn with the latest git as of
01.05.2012 I get the following error:

  [AR] bin/blib.a
ar: creating bin/blib.a
  [LD] bin/10ec8168.tmp
arch/i386/scripts/i386.lds:1: undefined symbol `_tmp_start' referenced
in expression
make: *** [bin/10ec8168.tmp] Error 1

I remember seeing this error some days ago but can't recollect when
exactly it firs appeared. The realtek driver has been rewritten in the
last month so I guess this has something to do with the driver. I have
all deps installed (gcc, binutils-devel, make, perl, syslinux, zlib)
but cannot figure out how to fix this. Google also didn't help much
but pointing to some gcc flags.

--

-- joshua