[ipxe-devel] Variable for proxy DHCP server address?

Brandon Penglase bpenglase-ipxe at Spaceservices.net
Mon Mar 26 23:49:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 00:53:40 +0200
Floris Bos / Maxnet <bos at je-eigen-domein.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to determinate the IP-address of the proxy DHCP/TFTP
> server that was used when booting iPXE in an ipxe script?
>

> Tried (with undionly.kkpxe):
>
> ==
> set use-cached 1
> dhcp
> show next-server
> ==
>
> But it shows me the IP of the regular DHCP server, not the TFTP/proxy
> dhcp server (running dnsmasq) which I'm looking for.
>

> Yours sincerly,
>
> Floris Bos

Are you sure your DHCP Server is giving out the right server? What NIC
are you using (that the original PXE is on)?
Mine returns correct when I tried it as undionly.kkpxe, and when I used
it as a ROM. See picture attached, or here if it doesn't make it
through: http://node4.smart-serv.net/~brandon/ipxe-test.png
Maybe it's something to do with the DNSMasq stuff, which I do not have
running here.

	Brandon