[ipxe-devel] openvpn integration in ipxe?

Oliver Rath rath at mglug.de
Mon Mar 19 11:38:23 UTC 2012

hI Michael!

Am 19.03.2012 12:07, schrieb Michael Brown:
> [..]
> I would expect that the existing iPXE crypto code is probably smaller than the
> equivalent functionality in openvpn.  Your best bet would be to implement the
> VPN protocols within iPXE (using the existing crypto support), or to simply
> wrap iSCSI with TLS.
I think, enabling chap in combination with TLS is a good possibility. Is
it configurable out of the box or is some additional coding work
necessary? How is the call for this? Something like

sanboot iscsis:..
or
sanboot iscsi+tls://.. ?

Have never seen this before.

As a third alternative we could take probably IPsec?

Oliver