[ipxe-devel] openvpn integration in ipxe?

Oliver Rath rath at mglug.de
Mon Mar 19 08:39:47 UTC 2012

Hi List,

after a while playing with this fine ipxe thing Ive got the idea, that
it should be possible to boot over the evil internet ;-) via iscsi, too.
Now, the security of iscsi-targets is not the very best (man in the
middle attack of chap-authentifikation etc.).

On the other side i know, that the space of ipxe is very limited. The
openvpn project is well established and small in code. What about an
integration of this in ipxe? I dont know so much about enhancing ipxe,
Im just happy to be able to script it :-), but if this would be
possible, I could create a save channel to an iscsi target over the net :-)

What is the estimation about this idea? Are there smaller
implementations than openvpn?

Tfh!
Oliver