[ipxe-devel] Serial over lan

Itay Gazit itaygazit at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 17:14:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

I did further investigating, I do think it's some kind of conflict with the
BIOS.

While during PXE execution in real mode the text was displayed fine, only
when the PXE execution switch to protected mode the text become scramble.

In real mode iPXE uses INT10 to print. Does anyone know, how does iPXE
print to the screen in proteted mode? Is an IRQ vector being hooked when
using serial cable?

Thanks,

Itay