[ipxe-devel] My personal data exposed via git

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 19:34:17 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 18 Jan 2012 18:30:23 Andrzej Hajderek wrote:
> My personal e-mail address is exposed on google and on the page shown
> below. It was used without my permission and I was promised these
> comments would not be scanned by search engines. Currently my e-mail
> address is published to the entire internet via your servers also
> without my permission.
>
> Could you please remove it asap. You can find this page by typing my
> surname "hajderek" in the search field here:
>
> https://git.ipxe.org/mirror/scst/.git

The git tree at

  http://git.ipxe.org/mirror/scst/.git

is simply a mirror of the SVN tree at

  http://scst.svn.sourceforge.net/

The commit message that you are complaining about has been publicly available
for several years in the original SVN tree at

  http://scst.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scst?view=revision&revision=1162

Please contact the maintainer of the original SVN tree.  If your e-mail
address is removed from the original tree, then it will be removed from the
mirror tree held on git.ipxe.org.

Please also be aware that by posting to a public mailing list, your name and
e-mail address will be permanently archived along with your messages:

  http://lists.ipxe.org/pipermail/ipxe-devel/2012-January/001143.html

(Ironically, the other archives are currently offline as part of a day of
protest against SOPA.)