[ipxe-devel] Current IPXE snapshot doesn't compile allbaseroms

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 18:09:47 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 10 Jan 2012 15:37:22 Marc Cluet wrote:
> I'm trying to update the current ipxe packaging in Ubuntu for doing some
> tests of my own
>
> I tried to use allroms instead of allbaseroms as you suggest, I do still
> get another different rom failing (this is again from the latest git
> snapshot)
>
> <snip>
>
> What route would you suggest to solve or go around this?

I would suggest not attempting to include all ROM images within an iPXE
package.  I would expect a package to include only those binaries that are
likely to be generally useful to a large number of users, such as
undionly.kpxe, ipxe.iso, and possibly the ROMs used by common virtualisation
products.  It might also be useful to have things like a dhcpd.conf fragment
that defines the iPXE-specific options, and possibly sample booting
configurations.