[ipxe-devel] hBFT

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:01:29 UTC 2012

If possible, it might be nice to start thinking about an iPXE-provided HTTP
"Boot Firmware Table" within the next few weeks, as it'd be great to get
WinVBlock working with such a thing.

The first use case I can think of would be a "BartPE" .ISO with the NIC
driver(s) and sanbootconf integrated, as well as WinVBlock and its HTTPDisk
"mini-driver."  Save the RAM!

I guess an IP address and a URI would be good enough in an hBFT...  I'm not
too sure how carried away it could get, such as multiple URIs for
multi-pathing or for multiple disks/discs, or some such.

- Shao Miller