[ipxe-devel] Recent tg3 driver commits still fail on gigabit

Brendon Walsh brendonwalsh at niamu.com
Tue Aug 21 14:53:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just wanted to notify everyone that the recent commit with fixes for the
tg3 driver (a05871d89ad9b94248049c66f238092fc896e9aa) have not made any
noticeable difference in regards to functionality on gigabit interfaces.

I am testing with BCM5764M and while iPXE will function properly on
100Mbit, it fails on DHCP still on a gigabit link. This behaviour is the
same as before this commit.

Thanks Kevin and all others who are working on this. I can provide any data
that may help with resolving this issue.

Brendon