[ipxe-devel] Additional timeout to image fetch

Ján ONDREJ (SAL) ondrejj at salstar.sk
Mon Aug 20 06:36:29 UTC 2012

Portfast is not always useable. Sometimes for trunk ports with native vlan
portfast is not enough. Sometimes I can't set portfast due to users,
which can make a cycle in network. Sometimes I has no access to providers
switch and can't set it.

I too prefer a way to set a timeout for DHCP. Can you consider to add
"dhcp --timeout=XX" option?

I agree, that default timeout is OK, but ability to set it by user
can be useful.

			SAL