[ipxe-devel] patch for src/util/Option/ROM.pm to support CALL NEAR init

Daniel Wyatt daniel.wyatt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 04:00:26 UTC 2012

At least one of the Broadcom option ROMs I have uses a CALL NEAR (0xE8)
instruction for the init entry point (offset 0x3).
src/util/Option/ROM.pm only supports JMP NEAR and JMP SHORT right now and
this patch fixes that.

Also, I would like to request a feature: print out the UNDI header (only
the offset is printed out right now).
I would add this myself but I haven't used perl in a very long time and I
found this feature isn't as trivial as I thought it might be.